So, I will be turning 27 in a day or two. The thought of it has really been bothering me, not quite sure why this birthday is so unsettling.
However, I decided to make a list, inspired by the others I have seen on the lovely blogs I frequently read, of 27 things I would like to do before I turn 28. I have never really been big on the whole New Year’s resolution thing, and while this seems a bit similar, I like this much better. On to the list!
1. Read More Books! I would like to read 1 a month. (Completed!)
2. Learn to sew, again. (Working on it, I made a tree skirt!)
3. Actually make some wearable garments! (Still Working on this)
4. Take more pictures! Seriously. (Still could be taking more but yes!)
5. Buy a Diana or Polaroid & get back to using film. (Got a fuji instax!)
6. Buy More Vinyl. (Check!)
7. Do some serious work on my family tree.
8. Go for more hikes this year.
9. Plan at least one overnight hiking trip. Anyone want to come along?
10. Go rafting or kayaking.
11. Volunteer. (I signed up to volunteer at some State Parks but have yet to be able to actually volunteer)
12. Have more fun cooking.
13. Make my own jam/salsa/pickles.
14. Write more. (yup!)
15. Send more handwritten letters. Be my pen pal?
16. Go on a real vacation! (Maybe next year.)
17. Mini road trip on the motorcycle. (Does bethlehem to royersford count?)
18. Grow my little jewelry business. (I did this! but right now it is on hold.)
19. Do more craft/art shows! (I did a lot of shows/events and had a lot of fun!)
20. Design a website for Coriosity.
21. Do a neat giveaway/contest on my blog :) (Working on this soon!)
22. Get in shape!
23. Spend more time with my family and friends! (Yes!)
24. Have a small gathering or two.
25. See some good bands. (Did this! Could have used a show or two more!)
26. Paint my nails more. (Yes!)
27. Let go of my grudges. (I think I have done this!)